A 19 year old woman has worsening vaginal discharge and bilateral iliac fossa pain for 3 days. Her vaginal discharge is foul smelling and she has dyspareunia. She is feverish and feels unwell.
Her temperature is 39.0°C.
Which combination of organisms are most likely to cause these symptoms?
- Candida albicans and Gardnerella vaginalis
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Candida albicans
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Gardnerella vaginalis
- Trichomonas vaginalis and Candida albicans
C. Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis
PHE Guidance: Pelvic inflammatory disease in England
Reports on diagnoses of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in general practice (GP) and hospital inpatient admissions in England.