A pregnant elephant was fed/consumed (to be verified) cracker stuffed pineapple

A pregnant elephant was fed/consumed (to be verified) cracker stuffed pineapple by unidentified people in Kerala which exploded in her mouth and damaged her jaw. She walked around the village and finally passed away standing in a river.
We keep searching for monsters hoping they would be having the devil’s horns on their heads. But look around you, the monsters walk beside you. This elephant was going to give birth 18-20 months later. I really hope the elephant wasn’t fed this purposely.
An explanation floating around is that it was meant for the wild boars, but the question remains, is this an ethical way? How humane is this?
Even after the elephant was injured, she did not crush a single home or hurt a single human being. She just stood in a river because of the excruciating pain and passed away without hurting a single soul.
I’d also like to point out that even if this was intentional, the burden of this falls on the individual and not on the entire state of Kerala. So don’t go around hating an entire state.
From anybody who throws stones at a stray dog to anybody hurting a living soul, choose one face.
A lot of these animals trust human beings because they have been helped by them in the past.
This is cruel beyond measure. When you lack empathy and kindness, you do not deserve to be called a human being. To hurt someone is not human.
Just stricter laws won’t help. We need a decent execution of the law too.
Until the guilty are punished in the worst possible way, these wicked monsters will never fear the law.
Though it’s a difficult task, I hope they are able to find out the one who committed this crime and punish them accordingly.