About 6 wks ago I went for a walk one evening and while walking I was also texting and walked right off the road into a deep ditch

About 6 wks ago I went for a walk one evening and while walking I was also texting and walked right off the road into a deep ditch. I fell on my right knee and the pain was so excruciating! It was swollen for quite a few days and painful to walk. Six weeks later it’s still very painful to touch the lower front of my right knee and the sides. The inner side feels a bit numb in places but the outer knee literally feels like it’s shredding when I accidentally bend it after a certain point and it’s very painful. So painful I’m awake during most of the night. I didn’t have the shredding feeling until about week 5. I’m worried I may have torn something. It doesn’t pop. I really avoid going to the doctor and thought after awhile it would get better but it’s been 6 wks and in some ways it’s feeling worse. I will call tomorrow for an appointment but was just wondering if someone had a similar type of injury? Any thoughts on what could be causing this or what I can do to heal it?