All thanks to Allah without whom it would be impossible

hey guys never in a million years did I think I would be posting like this in group Specially since I got only 2 IV’s… but I guess life works in mysterious ways

First of Alhumdulillah I matched. All thanks to Allah without whom it would be impossible.

This post is specially for those people who have a score regression. I know how bad it feels when you work so hard but due to time constraint you cannot give your 100%. And people in the next match cycle who only have two or 1 iv trust me just give it ur all in the few iv’s u get …you really do need 1 IV to match., I got my IV’s through contacts.So my main thought was since I did get it through contact there is no way i’m matching… but leave these feelings behind bcoz hey I’m telling you if they do not think u r good enough they will never send u I’v even with a contact. Have a little confidence in urself and ALOT of confidence in GOD…

Creds:

YOG: 2017

scores : 247/ 236/ cs 1st attempt step3 taken result was available mid january. All my exams were taken in 2019. Taking all these exams in a year was not only mentally challenging but finiancially draining. People who are just starting their journey dont wait for step1 and then think about ur next steps …plan ahead make a diary and write your plans, make a time line …and do not let anyone else deviate you from ur plan…

If there is one advice I would give, it is make contacts ( specially your seniors who matched they tend to favor you despite what anyone says… let go of your ego and ask everyone around you) this is highly recommended. And don’t stop after you get an interview request your seniors to talk to their program at the time of ranking that is most important…

Secondly Do not waste time in getting Lor’s right now if you are a beginner focus on your exams and start with externships around june +/- a month so you can get your LOR’s . This way People will remember you.

This very important because I did rotation a while ago i didnot get a US LOR so I applied without any US LOR… All of my LOR’s were from my home country.

Start making contacts Now … my personality is not that pleasing :smiley: so it is particularly hard for me to make friends but trust me this advice will make or break you in ur match cycle… early on try to read people… every one tells you they will help but every one bails on you on 15th septmeber :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly,

When I applied for match I was really disappointed in myself as to why I chose this journey but there is light at the end of this tunnel do not lose hope… My CV had quite a few red flags… but I believe now that what is meant for you will be yours sooner or later… just keep at it and plan ahead… it is a stress on your pockets so start saving :smiley:

Best of luck to next year applicants and to my colleagues who did not match this year plz plz donot let this beat you , you can do this stay strong!!