Anaerobic glycolysis which is not true
- 1 glucose = 2 lactic acid
- 1 glucose = 2 ATP
- Aldolase is required
- PDH is required
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH) is required to convert pyruvate to acetyl-CoA. It occurs when glycolysis occur aerobically and the end product of glycolysis is pyruvate.
- On the other hand, in anaerobic glycolysis, the end product is lactate (lactic acid). PDH is not involved.
- Anaerobic glycolysis produces 2 molecules of lactate (lactic acid) and 2 ATPs.
- Aldolase is involved both in aerobic and anaerobic glycolysis.