Anonymous post from a colleague

Anonymous post from a colleague

I graduated from Pakistan in 2001. Got married immediately and moved to Middle East after finishing my house job in 2002. I don’t have any clinical experience since then but I have done multiple attachments in Pakistan to keep myself updated. I am studying for Plab 2 at the moment. However, I want to have a clear idea in mind regarding my job perspective in UK and how to improve it. My questions are:

1. Can I apply for FY1? Or can I apply directly for FY2? Considering my lack of clinical experience I am not sure if I will be able to meet the expectations of the trust.

2. What can I do to improve my chances of getting a job in UK?

3. I have done a BLS course by AHA in Pakistan. Do i need to do one in UK?

4. Can doing ALS, ACLS etc. increase my chances of having a job and makeup for my lack of experience. If yes, then should I be doing these courses in UK or doing them in Pakistan should be fine.

5. If i do a 4 weeks attachment in UK. Would it be helpful for me. And does this 4 week attachment has to be in the same hospital and same department. I am planning to do 2 weeks immediately after my Plab 2 exam and 2 weeks later during my kids summer holidays. Should it be fine?

Thanks very much for all the support you guys give us thru the group.