Any advice from all seniors, any experienced people PLEASE!

Any advice from all seniors, any experienced people PLEASE!!!

I am a junior doctor working in NHS. I got a training post to start in August. So, I applied for Tier 2 visa using a priority service. I submitted my biometric data at Leeds Service point on 10.7.19.

On 16.7.19, I received an email from the Home Office stating that my application for Tier 2 General visa has been successful and I will receive BRP card within 7 days.

However, BRP was delayed for more then a month since I received the decision letter. I understand there was some technical issue with BRP in UKVI. On 23.8.19, I received an update email from BRP team that my BRP was scheduled to delivery on the 27.8.19 and provided me with the tracking number for DX courier.

However, my BRP never arrived until 28.8.19. When I checked the tracking again, it stated that BRP was delivered and signed for the address provided on 24.8.19 at 15:00. I was not at home to sign for the delivery on that day as I was working and there were no one at home at that time to receive BRP on my behalf either. I also checked with my neighbours and they did not receive my BRP. I can prove that I was not at home and I was working on that day as per my working schedule rota. The address I provided to deliver my BRP is registered for only two people, myself and my friend. My friend can also prove that she was not at home on that day by providing the train ticket to and from home and York Designer Outlet and the receipt of shopping at York Designer Outlet, which mentioned the bank card she owned and the date and time she was there.

I made enquiry to the DX courier regarding my missing delivery, but they replied that they cannot provide further information regarding this, and advised to report this matter to the home office instead.

I reported it again to the home office BRP delivery team and they replied that my BRP was delivered to address according to DX courier tracking system and advised to report it as Lost and to write a complaint to UKVI. I understand that BRP must only be delivered to the address provided to Home Office as it is clearly mentioned in Home Office website. As there are strong evidences that there was no one at the provided address, it clearly showed the failure of delivery team and wrongly recorded as signed and delivered BRP to the address.

As per BRP delivery team’s advice, I have no choice but I have to report this matter to Home Office that my BRP was lost and I have to re-apply it again to replace my BRP, which was clearly lost by the DX courier.

I applied a new application using standard service, which will take 8 weeks to get replacement, as I cannot afford any more to pay for priority service to get next day decision. I had already spent over 2400 GBP in my recent visa application (1223.20 GBP for priority service and 1200 GBP for 3 years NHS surcharge).

Due to the delay in BRP, I still have outstanding preemployment check with my hospital HR department as they need to see my BRP. Furthermore, I have also made travel arrangement to fly back home (Myanmar) for my wedding on 9th of November. Everything has been arranged for the wedding and I cannot postpone it as I have been preparing it for more than a year. My family, my fiance’ and myself are now very worried that if I cannot get BRP in time and can’t travel back.

I also reported this matter to HEE (Health Education England) tier 2 team and asked to report Home Office as well.

I am very worried about this process and feel very stressful as I have to make so many phone calls to delivery service and Home Office and send a lot of emails. This is very frustrating to me at the start of training in a new hospital as I am already busy with so many things to learn and doing induction courses and attending some courses in hospital.

You can see clearly that my case is not definitely due to my fault and it clearly showed the delivery courier service and system failure. For their failure, I have been spending a lot of time, energy and extra money for new application. I feel that this is totally unfair for me.

If any one have any piece of advice, I would appreciate for that.