As this group has taught me a lot

As this group has taught me a lot…i met many helping seniors so it’s my duty to revert back…

My score is not so great but i know i gave my 100%, sacrificed many things and i could not score more than this even if i had taken more time (more than a year)

So yes i am proud of myself…

Every one might ne knowing how to read, from where to read…so i will not explain that in detail…

I will just point out how i increased myself from 200 (1st nbme in feb) to 229 (real test score)…

Believe me that was not so easy for me…

1st read Fa alongside BNB videos… twice revision before uworld…

Then uworld x 4.5 months (uworld teaches u to read fa)

The real journey starts now…

after completion of uworld i revised whole FA in 30 days…then nbme 20- 198

How would I plan my schedule if i am gonna prepare for step again:

1. do older nbmes (13-19) 1st… Not newer ones…that will break u…next day of nbme, i would give a day for wrongs , divide wrongs into very hard (not in our hands) and misconcept or memory lacking from fa (correctable)

Read those nbme mistakes so that u dont repeat them as few of them will get repeated…

My mistake: i had no tym to read

1. each nbme is going to teach u many new concepts… So dont miss any plzzzz… Do each nbmes, analyse them…learn from them…never repeat that mistake…

Many real exam questions were similar…

1. after 1st pass of uworld, do 2nd pass of marked or wrong (daily minimum 40 mcq, read education objective)

2. each nbme will tell u ur weak topics… U will realise ur weak points in fa…

Make a pdf of weak pages of fa … My weak pages were 150 in fa… so i gave half hour daily reading few pages from my weak areas of fa…

1. re revise fa fa nd fa…

It will look simple, but recalling fa is not that simple after days passes… So try to revise again nd again … Never miss a day without reading fa…it will fade away…

Not reading strong topics will also weaken ur strong topic…

1. keep a study partner with whom at the end of day, u can discuss or quiz each other from the same topic u read that day… Everyone has different strong and weak areas so that will help each other…

2. my weak areas were: genetics, molecular biochem, biostat… luckily molecular and biostat were simple in exams…

But plzZ do molecular, genetics from turcos biochem… I realised that v late…

1. i didnt do pathoma except 3 chapters as bnb was covering everything v nicely… I didnt feel to see pathoma systems cz i had no problem identifing pathology…

So u can do pathoma from 1st…

9)there is a myth that exam is so tough…but my real exam had 20-23 straightforward nbme type questions, 5-6 uworld type hard , rest uworld type Easy questions…

Real exam for me was well balanced , better than any assessments…

1. Anatomy : real exam questions were doable…

But still fa anatomy is not enough for nbme questions to solve… U have to be oriented to all the arteries, vein, nerves of the body from atlas…

1. if u r stuck at a certain low score in nbmes, u have to change ur technique a little, u have to give time…(i took 4 months to go from 198-229)

Try to improve nbme scores…

As real exam score are really similar to nbmes…

Mine was exact nbme 24 score…

So yes nbme scores matter a lot…

1. the topics which u dont understand even after uworld, fa revision,

Try different vidoes (osmosis, picmonics, sketchy) to understand and memorize the topic in a different way…

I am a visual learner…

Found osmosis very very awesome…its not that famous… But osmosis explains whole pathogenesis, rx , ix in pictures and it creates a long memory…u can use it for hard topics even from starting…

1. quality reading matters…if after 1 hour read, u need to take break of 15 min…take it…dont burn urself…get refresh daily…stay wid positive people…

2. plzzz understand, not cram uworld concepts everytym along with ur system in fa… Dont miss any uworld concepts revision alongwith fa… That will help u gain confidence…

This journey is really demanding a lot of patience., Sacrifice…

Its said step 1 is the major hurdle in usmle… So if u stay a rock for step 1, rest is as smooth as cotton…

Lastly 1 line about Fa " FA is like a wierd date… at first u dont like it…but everytym, u meet her, u will get to know beautiful nature about her… u will eventually love her"…

I know the ones scoring 250s-260s dont need to read this… But my post is for people like me… Who are getting low scores in 200s and still has a hope of improvement…dont give up… U can…

Lastly, average score is 230 for Amgs… so not bad…

U get pathology at 220s… so be confident…dont feel bad that u wont get anything if u dont score 240s…

Even ppl wid 250 are rejected and even ppl wid 200 are selected…so plzz walk wid a head high watever the score…

But give ur 100 %…

Try to learn new things daily till yr last day of exam…