Being born and brought up in a spiritual and Sattvik family

Being born and brought up in a spiritual and Sattvik family, life was serene. Outings were restricted only on Sundays and which meant going to a Satsang. My life after marriage was different, a total change. I had an early pregnancy and delivered a baby girl. It was a difficult time; managing my baby, in-laws, and household chores. But compromises and patience paved the way through life. My kids grew up and it was time to get them married. I got a cervical spondylitis attack and it was a terrible time for me, I wasn’t able to do anything. Physiotherapy was working its way slowly when a relative suggested The Yoga Institute. I was reluctant, money was always an issue with my big joint family. Don’t know if it was a calling but I went to the Institute anyway. I met Hansa Ben for the first time, she showed me a few stretches, and the magic set in. I always felt held back because I had my familial responsibilities on my mind always but kept going to the Institute.
Once at Parisamvad, I heard Hansa Ben say, “Let everyone do their work. Don’t let anyone get used to you.” And I adapted it in my life almost immediately. But life had more in store. Just before my elder daughter’s wedding, my husband suffered a cardiac arrest. We somehow overcame that to see worse days. My daughter got married to the love of her life. But unfortunately, she was not treated well. She wasn’t given food, money to visit us and the list goes on. She was living in an unhappy marriage. I couldn’t stand her lifeless face and took her to Hansa Ben, who told me that my daughter was trapped in a bad environment. But my daughter was always mauna and never complained, probably caring for her father’s heart condition. Her in-laws sent her to a house in Vasai amidst Jungle with no food, no gas, no money. We were worried when we saw her in this state. We called her to our place for her birthday, she was expecting at the time. She looked starved and sad. On our insistence she came out with us for dinner and spent a merry time, laughing with her father. The next day she returned to her home, with homemade goodies from me. I can’t forget that day, my heart was restless and I couldn’t summon myself to do the simple tasks even. Later that day, we got to know that my daughter had an accident. We rushed to her house in Vasai with her unmoved in-laws. Strangely her in-laws slept on the way, unbelievable! As we reached Vasai, my son was the first one to see her; my daughter was lying in her bathroom, all burnt. They burnt her! She was 80% burnt, while she was expecting. They were ruthless, they casually entered the house and sat on the couch as if nothing has happened. It seemed impossible to move on.
Once again, I got a calling from the Institute, Dr. Saab asked me to join the 7 days Health Camp. I was in no condition but obliged in respect to his insistence. He encouraged me to take the 7-month TTC, I did. All through my course, in all public speaking, I spoke only of my daughter. Dr. Saab never stopped me. He wanted me to let it go and move on. But life still had more, my younger daughter had a love marriage and was a victim of brutal domestic violence, so much so that her child wasn’t spared even. With great difficulty, we got her a divorce. My son was blackmailed by bullies for lacs and lived in constant fear. All through, my husband was kept away from all the bad news for his weak heart; and I suffered in silence, alone. Our so-called loved ones cheated on us and took away our property. The only thing anchoring me to my senses was the Institute. I was fed up of my life and decided to move away from Mumbai. I told Dr. Saab about it and all he told me was “ You can go but Institute will always need you”. This sentence of Dr. Saab held me back. Life collapsed in front of my eyes on more than one occasion, but Dr. Saab and Hansa Ben helped me through. They taught me how to live life and accept every situation as it comes. They have been through my thick and thins. The Yoga Institute helped me through. I have eventually learned how to live; no reaction, the only action.