USMLE & Self-Assessment Library Guide – Question Banks
BOARD VITALS: USMLE Step 1
- Access form Stat!Ref homepage
- From the STAT!Ref homepage, click Board Vitals.
- Click again here for access
- First time users: Register using your Illinois email
- Already have an account? Login with Illinois email
- Under AcitiveQuestion Banks you should see USMLE Step listed – click GO.
- 1760 Questions 506 Easy 608 Moderate 641 Hard
- Select questions by subject
- Select Exam Mode – Test mode is timed; Study Review Mode provides answers and explanations
- Dashboard includes Performance metrics; Timeline; Exams; Flagged Questions; Search
DRAW IT TO KNOW IT - USMLE
First time users: Register using your Illinois email
- Select “ University of Illinois” Group
- Enter PIN in Group Code (email [email protected] for PIN)
- Click Create Account
- Already have an account ? Login >>
You should see Your Courses listed:
Click USMLE/COMLEX – Step 1
- 541 tutorials; 4200+ Quiz Questions; 1100+ Clinical Correlations
Select Tutorials, Flashcards, Question Bank
- Use narrated tutorials that teach you how to draw out complicated medical and scientific concepts, one step at a time.
- In the Drawing Pad, you can watch the video and draw directly on the screen.
Connect to Draw It To Know It from the link the Carle Illinois Virtual Library (CIVL) Quick Links box – it is listed under Other.
If you are connected to the VPN, you should go directly to Draw It To Know It.
If you are not using the VPN: Enter your UIUC NetID and password.
You have access to Neuroanatomy and USMLE – Step 1 courses.
If you are a first-time user, you will need to create an account.
Click “Institutional Registration” at the top of the webpage. Please register using your @illinois.edu email.
If you already have an account, click “Log In” to access your account.
- Countdown to testing date
- Course Progress
- Assessment Summary
- Recommended Readings
First time users : Create a personal account
- Select specific topic area such as Biochemistry; select subtopic and Start Quiz
- Tracks time spend on each question/quiz; provides rationale for answers; tracks quiz history
ACCESS MEDICINE – REVIEW QUESTIONS
Generate multiple-choice questions from:
- Basic Sciences (Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry, Epidemiology & biostatistics, Micrbiology, Pathology & Histology)
- Clinical Practice & Board Review (generates multiple choice quizzes based on questions from textbooks; for example, Katzung & Trevor’s Pharmacology – create random quiz from 806 available questions or create a custom quiz based on specific topics such as antiarrhythmic drugs or pharmacodynamics