By reviewing over 150 CVs, I noticed few things that could help some to improve their CVs:

By reviewing over 150 CVs, I noticed few things that could help some to improve their CVs:

These are my personal opinions since views vary regarding CV organization (please send any questions or request to instagram @malkeasaad, not to facebook):

Do NOT mention your religion, sex, gender, date of birth, country national number, father name, and any other information that is not of relevance to program directors and research mentors.

I would not recommend mentioning Microsoft office word and powerpoint in your CV unless you are a professional in these programs. Basic knowledge of these programs is expected from everyone and should not be put on the CV.

I would not recommend putting personality traits on the CV:
“Excellent interpersonal skills,pride myself on the high-level problem solving skills, adaptable and flexible; I am kind, responsible, respectful person”.

Tailor your CV to the purpose of the email. If you are sending an email for research, focus on research and don’t mention 3 pages on observerships. I would just mention the places with very brief explanation with dates and put them after research.

I would make the medical school name and country of school very clear because many are not familiar with the names of the schools around the world.

Make your CV and email easy to read and the information easy to find. Otherwise, people will just skip reading.

Do NOT add a paragraph in the CV about your residency interest. This goes in the personal statement.

Do NOT add too many information about your high school since you have an MD now.

Make your CV one font and one color.

Volunteering, sports, and other activities are important, but make that brief and to the point. No need for 3 pages on your volunteer experiences.

If you attended a meeting without presenting, many would not put that on their CVs.

Again, make your CV easy to read with easily accessible information.
Best of luck all