@doctors who appeared in their MRCP 1 online exam today ( https://www.mrcpuk.org/mrcpuk-examina…/part-1/uk-online-exam ) , I have heard that a few candidates faced loads of issues. They weren’t able to access the paper 1 of the exam despite calling the royal college on multiple numbers, emailing them and then being told that because they were unable to sit in the paper 1, they have been marked absent and the Royal college will be in touch.
I hope they escalate this to the RCP , their program directors and ensure the following
- The RCP reimburses the MRCP 1 fees
- They are allowed to book another exam ASAP which is written rather than online
- The RCP doesn’t count this attempt
The trust should
- Not count the study leaves which the candidates took for their online exam attempt and allow them to take study leave again for the upcoming exam.
- The ARCP panel should be lenient in their assessment especially for IMT year 2 doctors.
PS - this only applies for doctors working in the NHS who sat in the online MRCP exam and were unable to give it due to technical difficulties at the RCP teams end.
If you were able to sit in the online exam and didn’t face any issues , this won’t apply to you but do feedback any suggestions you have to the RCP team.