DR MARK SAMEH Goal: 250+

DR MARK SAMEH
Goal: 250+
Real deal: 248 Elhamdullelah
Hi all! I’m Mark in 4th year, Ain Shams University. I will try to keep this as brief as possible… I promise :joy:
My resources were the usual, BUFAP which is BnB UW FA and Pathoma. (And yes I added the B to UFAP)
To me UW was the best! I can never do UW justice in a post. And we all know how important UW is. It must be done thoroughly.
Boards and Beyond :heart: I love you Ryan!
I also did Osmosis (not all videos) but I loved Osmosis! Although they can get very detailed sometimes but nevertheless a great learning tool!
I did Sketchy! I loved Sketchy micro so much! Sketchy pharm was also good. Sketchy Path -although has the perfect content- most of the sketches were horrible and useless :joy:
I tried doing Kaplan and in my honest opinion, I hated it. (That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it! Everyone should try everything and decide what to pick and what to ditch)
The one thing I regret not doing was starting Shebl from the beginning. The books are really good although the info is a bit outdated (FA 2016) but still it was a good source and I recommend it.
Here’s a list of what I got on my NBMEs sorry I didn’t keep track of when I actually took them…
NBME 1 - 21 mistakes
NBME 2 - 17 mistakes
NBME 3 - 19 mistakes
NBME 4 - 15 mistakes
NBME 5 - 17 mistakes
NBME 6 - 15 mistakes
NBME 7 - 12 mistakes
NBME 11 - 18 mistakes
NBME 12 - 19 mistakes
NBME 13 - 40 mistakes
NBME 15 - 36 mistakes
NBME 16 - 29 mistakes
NBME 17 - 20 mistakes
NBME 21 - 244 (33 mistakes)
NBME 20 - 242 (33 mistakes)
NBME 22 - 244 (34 mistakes)
UWSA1 - 256 (33 mistakes)
NBME 19 - 19 mistakes
NBME 23 - 250 (28 mistakes)
NBME 24 - 246 (30 mistakes)
NBME 18 - 250 (19 mistakes)
UWSA2 -260 (20 mistakes)
Advice #1: You don’t have to solve all of the old NBMEs I did them because I had time but their questions are VERY different from the style of the exam.
Advice #2: Please don’t ever feel overwhelmed or intimidated by my scores or my number of mistakes. Everyone has their own pace and that’s the truth.
My exam was okay… the last block was horrible! But I thought I did better than what I did in UWSA2. Turned out I was overpredicted by 12 points! I feel the exam is changing… The questions are changing or the calibration is changing. Ofcourse I don’t have any proof but It happened to a couple of people too… So just make sure you feel ready before you schedule an appointment.
This is not an exam it’s a hectic journey that will drain you and Step1 is just the first Step in that journey so please don’t hold your breath! Do what you gotta do! Study hard and play hard!
So that’s my experience! And again every experience differs. A friend of mine didn’t even do FA and got a killer score so point is NOTHING IS A MUST. Try everything and pick what suits you!
I’m here for any questions/support. And it’s really okay if you can’t bring your A game at these times. God be with us all! Bye!