Ethianum chef become president of the biggest microchurgery unit

ETHIANUM CHEF BECOME PRESIDENT OF THE BIGGEST MICROCHURGERY UNIT

′′ I’m still flattened ", says Prof. Günter Germann. The founder and medical director of the Ethianum Clinic in Bergheim, was elected president by the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM). He is the first non-American in society to belong to microsurgeons around the world. It is the world’s largest association. The 67-year-old Germann has been a member of the society since 1994 The RNZ spoke to him about the award that can be considered an ′′ Oscar ′′ for his life’s work and his work on the Ethianum.

This is a great honor for me as a person and for German plastic surgery. The award is completely new because I am the first German to receive it, but there has been extremely much support from the American colleagues right now. I worked in the USA and my former boss spread the wings over me in the spirit of a mentor. The ASRM is a very internationally oriented society and it doesn’t matter if I’m an American or not. Either you deserve it or not. The award is also a huge commitment.

′′ Every year we have about 2500 to 4000 outpatient patients, and in 1200 we take inpatient. One can talk about 7500 patient contacts annually. I myself operate 450 patients a year. We do plastic surgery, operate knee, shoulder, foot, hip and the entire spine, have dermatology and endoscopic gynecology ", says Prof. Günter Germann.