Everyday, Doctors are dying fighting Covid in all parts of India

Everyday, Doctors are dying fighting Covid in all parts of India. Not only Doctors but also nurses, cleaning and technical staff. The country is fighting covid because of them. Thousands and thousands of COVID patients are saved everyday by them. The learning process of millions of Junior Doctors is on hold for 8 months now. At many places, they are not even getting paid and so, are financially broken.

Everyday I see posts paying tributes to them. Mind you, these posts are made and shared only by medical pages. In India thousands of people depend on a single doctor for their healthcare. And yet, I see no people being sad about them. Nobody says anything. Nowadays, people only do things when there is some entertainment factor associated. Death of health care workers during COVID is everyday thing and hence, boring.

The government simply denied having any data. Meaning, the families who have lost their loved ones, will get no compensation. Many a times, it is the only earning member who has died. Most health staff like nurses and caretakers, technicians come from poor families. Some doctors too. They are not getting paid and get no insurance when they die doing service to humanity. All the promises of insurance and financial assistance have proven to be bogus. Lies peddled to ensure vote banks.

How will families of these noble people survive? Who will take their responsibility? Nobody is asking these questions. No media debates, no social media campaigns. The same media which alleges grave negligence and makes headlines without even knowing the context a case. The same media which holds doctors responsible without even trying to find personelle and failed system behind such cases. The same media is never going to highlight their sacrifices.

Tell me…Why the government has no data when every hospital in India has the data of their staff.

Is it so difficult to collect data from hospitals?

How can government say they have no data when IMA says it has?

Tell me how this is not extremely cruel and inhuman?

Forgetting those who fight for others and die in the process?

If this not exteme injustice, then what is?

Why should any doctor risk his/her life when this country does not even acknowledge them?