Firstly I would like to thank god … for his grace and help

Firstly I would like to thank god … for his grace and help… Thanks very much to this forum for covering high yield topics. especially to Carlos Flores Adeel Chaudhary Pedro Ochoa Allemant and all others who used to post stuff

So My prep time was – 8 and half months.

Exam score- 259

Materials used –
MTB2
MTB3
Uworld
The way I used- MTB2 ( only IM, Psych and peds) -use only for basic idea not much helpful, MTB3 ( peds and OB Gyn) -very useful for OB Gyn. For Surgery UWorld is the only source

Method-
Plain reading of MTB2 and MTB3 of the topics above
UW subject wise combined with MTB reading first pass – 76%(average)
UW only Random second pass -90%
During my second pass I made notes only on the questions I got wrong and algorithms. This helped me a lot. I only revised my wrong question notes and algorithm notes in the 3 days before exam.

Assesments:
NBME4 (after UW first pass) -237 (2 months before)
NBME7(33% UW second pass) -239(1 month before)
UWSA1(66% UW second pass)- 254 ( Could not time two blocks so lost 20 questions unmarked … Corrected score would be 260+)
UWSA2 (93% UW second pass) – 251 ( Day before exam)

The Real exam:
The real exam was very vague and tough . It was like a hybrid of UWSA2 and NBME7. I felt very crappy after my exam , did not even understand how I performed. I felt similar after step 1 so I reassured myself. It turns out what is tough for you is tough for everybody . Don’t worry. Timing was easy on the exam…I had horrible timing issues in UWSAs and Uworld

A few things:
-This forum was very helpful for me especially in the later stages of my prep. But avoid using forums before you are very prepared. People unknowingly post a lot of nbme questions here and these would effect your assessment performance.
-UWorld is the only source. If you ask me what I would have done if I had more time. Another pass of uworld. UW only will land you a 255+ for sure.
-I did not do Kaplan, CMS or any extra things. Only UWorld.

All the best to you all. REMEMBER UWORLD UWORLD UWORLD.