Following are the options presented to me by GMC:

This post is regarding GMC registration. I started my house job after a career gap of about two years ( I was giving USMLE exams and had family commitments) ; after passing my PLAB 2, I applied for my full GMC registration via the 24 month post graduate experience route. However, my work experience is not continuous and GMC has emailed me giving me a set of options as they aren’t satisfied with my work experience. GMC hasn’t asked for any proof of my career gap but are on the verge of rejecting my application because my 2 year work experience isn’t continuous. I came to UK for my PLAB 2 course & exam and had a gap of 3 months between two jobs.

Following are the options presented to me by GMC:

1. Forward case to Assistant Registrar for further evaluation. (I called GMC and asked the Advisor if I can send a cover letter to the registrar explaining my case but he said you would most like face a rejection regardless)
  2. Withdraw this current application and apply after I have full 24 months continuous experience. With a fresh one, the validity of my PLAB exams will be at question two years later.
  3. Apply for provisional registration and subsequently FY program or LAT post.

What I want advise on is what shall I do? Shall I continue with this application & write to the Assistant Registrar ? The gmc advisor said it won’t help my case. Are there people with similar situations like mine?

Shall I go ahead with this application and when rejected , apply for provisional registration ?

What are my chances of getting an FY1 job or an LAT post ?

Please accept my apologies for such a long post but I would appreciate any advise and input. I’m in a terrible dilemma at the moment.

I’ve had multiple job offers, out of which one I chose but I will have to decline that as well.