Having your MCCQE Part I score rechecked

Retaking the MCCQE Part I

You cannot and will not be able to retake the exam if you have a pass result.

Beginning in January 2018, you may take the MCCQE Part I up to a maximum of four times. A one-year waiting period will be required between the third and fourth attempt. After four attempts, in exceptional personal circumstances, you can request to the CEC for special permission to make a fifth attempt.

Exam attempts before 2018 do not count towards the total limit; the count will start in 2018. As well, a result of “no standing” will not count as an attempt. However, failing or a status of “denied standing” will be considered attempts.

Having your MCCQE Part I score rechecked

You may request to have your exam score rechecked only if you failed the MCCQE Part I. If you received a pass result, you are not eligible for the score rechecking service.

Having your examination score rechecked is unlikely to change your final MCCQE Part I result because your results are verified at least twice before they are sent to you. If you still wish to have your MCCQE Part I score rechecked, follow the steps below:

1. Send us a message through your physiciansapply.ca account within 15 calendar days of the date indicated on your SOR.
  2. Use MCCQE Part I score recheck in the subject line.
  3. Upon reception of your request, we will apply a fee to your physiciansapply.ca account and notify you.
  4. Your score recheck request will be initiated once you login to your account and make your payment.

There are two possible outcomes from the score rechecking process:

• No change in your MCCQE Part I final result
  • Increase in your MCCQE Part I total score plus a change in your final result from fail to pass

If there is a change in your final result, you will receive a refund of the score rechecking fee. A new SOR and SIR will also be uploaded to your physiciansapply.ca account.

A score recheck includes:

• Verifying your electronic examination data file and confirming it as being yours
  • Checking your examination data file to confirm it is complete and that there are no errors in data capturing
  • Recalculating and verifying your examination score
  • Verifying your results against the results obtained through the computerized scoring procedure
  • Checking your results against those contained in the SOR and SIR
  • Issuing a letter confirming the score recheck has been completed and informing you of the outcome