Hello, hope everyone is making the most

Hello, hope everyone is making the most of their pre-second wave lockdown time (and if youre not-better get started!)

I just had a question and wanted to get some advice from some of our more senior colleagues here- its going to be a long one so thank you all for your help in advance!

FY2 standalone applications are right around the corner and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile for someone in my situation to consider it seriously.

I had no previous experience back home and started working here in Feb. as an FY2 (6 months rotations). I am still currently working at an FY2 level and will continue to do so until August 2021 where my trust will allow me to work as a Core Fellow (also with 6 months rotations).

This means that by the time standalone FY2 starts I would have done 3 6 months rotations i.e 1.5 yrs in the NHS (2 surgical and 1 ED).

I am still currently undecided about specialty and would like to experience a community rotation as well such as GP/psych., I would also get 3 rotations instead of 2 if I were to continue within the standalone FY2…

In your opinion would it be worthwhile to spend another year as an FY2 or would it make no difference to continuing as a CT1 level rotational fellow in terms of experience gained and future planning?

Looking forward to your replies-thank you!

Ya benti move on with your career. Don’t linger. Just get your certificates signed and get into CT or whatever, unless you’re so undecided to the point that you might want a specialty where CT is a waste of time. Otherwise engezi: chop chop