Hello, I would apperciate if you could help with my situation

Hello, I would apperciate if you could help with my situation.

I have applied for a tier 2 Visa and sumbitted my passport since march to Join an FY2 Locum Job(Starting in March till August). Due to Covid-19 measures I didn’t recevie my passport yet. The problem is that my contract ends in August (although they issued me a 1 year CoS). Putting in mind that my contract ends in August, I used to secure an IMT offer and they already issued me a CoS for 3 years in mid May.

My Question is: In a case I received my passport with a visa to work in the first Job, will I be able to come to the UK and apply for another visa for the IMT without working in the first Job,as my contart will already be ended in August? I am putting this possibilty because I can imagine that appointments in my country will not be available soon,as priority will be given to those who already made applications before the lockdown.

I have already contacted my IMT trust about possible delays and they agreed to delay the start date to October. So, will it be practical to work for sometime in the first Job,if I recevied my passport soon, while applying for the IMT visa within the UK?

P.S I do also have a valid visit Visa till 22nd of July.

Sorry for such a long story but I am really confused.