Here's a little story for anyone who may break themselves!

Here’s a little story for anyone who may break themselves!!
November 2017 I tore my ACL playing netball (complete tear) I was told by doctors that my only option was surgery or I would never be able to play sport again. This was going to cost over $3500. I decided to try and fix myself and do rehab so I went to physio… once. Another physio wanted me to do 3 sessions with them a week at $80 a session… for about 2 months. They told me the full ACL tear CAN’T rejoin itself but I can just make above and below it stronger to live with it.
All of this seemed like a money making scheme so I decided to try and fix myself. I just went to the gym doing my own rehab (I googled it!) I gradually started wakeboarding, playing tennis, running, cycling, trampolines etc
9 months later August 2018 I got results of a new MRI… the ACL had healed itself and it’s now only a “Minor sprain”
The doctor said she has never seen this happen and “I’m lucky”
Lucky? Lucky I didn’t spend all of that money for them to drill holes in my leg, possibly making the injury worse… Yep thanks for that doc !! 13 months after the complete tear, I did Everest basecamp… knee completely fine!
Moral to the story… you don’t always need to listen to doctors… they don’t know everything! Do your own research