Hi guys, recently seen alot of people posting about how they are feeling discouraged and let down with the wait and constant rejections

Hi guys, recently seen alot of people posting about how they are feeling discouraged and let down with the wait and constant rejections, so along with many other amazing doctors sharing there success stories I wanted to share my (not so great,but still hopefull) story.

So I started applying for jobs after getting my GMC registration in july 2019, I tried to improve my nhs profile as much as I could, but I had a 3 months old baby, and for that reason could only apply for jobs in the north west region n there were’nt much adverts, I applied for around 50-60 jobs(which i knew us not enough, but had no choice) but couldnt even get a single interview call, then a freind suggested doing a clinical attachment and that was really an ice breaker for me, not only was i able to make good contacts n references there but also i got huge support from drs there that helped me build up my confidence that i can work in the NHS.

The drs there encouraged me to apply for the upcoming standalone Fy2 posts, and mean while i did that I got registered with the NHSP(a locum, but specifically run by the nhs) as was advised by the directorate manager at the hospitalwhen I forwarded her my CV.

And after that i got 2 locum shifts there(nothing after that n that really increased the frustration) and also an interview call from them regarding a JCF medicine post.(which i was offered too) Along with this i was able to secure a standalone Fy2 post with the UKFP, in chester, and will be starting in August.

The moral is that from not having anything at all to having 2 job offers, including a training fy2 post, I learned that its merely a time game, all of us who’ve come here are definitely capable enough to work in the nhs, and there are definitely jobs out there, the whole idea is to be patient and meanwhile do as much as you can from your end, such as may be giving exams or doing courses and the best is clinical attachment. Also try to get registered with BMJ learning and careers, they not only provide a cv check but also the learning will add CPD points that you can highlight in interviews and applications.

I had a total of 18 months post graduate experience in my home country and thats it, nothing else to stand out.

Now with the training posts commencing from august there surely will be lots of posts that remain vacant and would be advertised on nhs jobs or trac.jobs, also check hospital websites too for adverts, so please dont loose hope, your fate brought you here till this point so it’ll definitely have some thing in store for you.

Best of luck to everyone!!