Hi. I am a 24 year old Medical Student

Hi. I am a 24 year old Medical Student. I tore my acl in right knee (my dominant leg) 6 years back. 3 years ago I had a reconstruction surgery and arthroscopy to remove a big piece of cartilage stuck in the joint. One week ago while playing soccer I suddenly felt sharp pain in my left knee. I limped off the field. It developed massive swelling. The swelling is decreased now and I can extend and bend it fully but there is a loud knock when i extend it. There is also diffuse pain and it feels a bit stiff. I am waiting for imaging results 😭🥺 but I am so scared that I have torn my acl or meniscus in my left knee too

Don’t stress too much
Mohammad Abdullah Humayun
. Yep an acl or meniscus tear is never ideal but it is generally not as catastrophic as made out in the community. The option of surgical and non surgical recovery are very viable and the fact that in most countries public hospital system classes it as an elective surgery shows it is not generally urgent. The Facebook group, ACL tear recovery without surgery, has a lot of success stories with hundreds back to sports and activities without surgery. Many having had full acl or multiple ligament tears as well as meniscus tears.