Hi, I'm Sumana Kundu, a final year medical student from west Bengal, India

Hi, I’m Sumana Kundu, a final year medical student from west Bengal, India. Couple of days ago got my score report. Was a bit dissapointed but still, it’s okay 😊.

Thanks a lot to this group that has helped me a lot.

#It’s my pleasure to write my experience…

1. Study materials …

FA with FA express videos and BnB videos, UWOLRD, pathoma book with videos, sketchy micro and sketchy pharma, FA q bank, USMLE ACE videos, Dr. White Kaplan neuroanatomy videos, self made flash cards on UWORLD. .

1. Duration… I really didn’t have any structured schedule, I studied whenever I got time in my college. During COVID, I got a huge space to make room for dedicated study, I studied for 3 months (dedicated) and took it 😌.

2. Assessment scores…

before the dedicated months

NBME 24 … 225

NBME 23… 227

. During the dedicated months

NBME 20 … 229

NBME 19… 229

NBME 16…240

NBME 17… 244

Uworld 1 st pass… 71%

. after the dedicated period…

UWSA 1 … 254

UWSA 2( 2 days ago)… 249

Free 120 … 85%

1. day before the exam…

Quite normal lifestyle, packed everything ( permit, passport, snacks, medication etc) , slept early ( 6 hrs)

1. exam day…

Woke up at 4.00 am, my driver uncle did drive me to the center, reached at 8.00 am. Took the exam. Post exam feeling… Horrible. I faced so many experimental questions ( NO question from biostat… To my surprise), while coming back, I listened to music, gave thanks to the ppl who helped me a lot during preparation, took dinner, went to sleep… Next day when I woke up, everything was like a dream ( nightmare though) to me.

1. things I will want to do differently if given a second chance,

. I wish I didn’t trust UWSA score

. I wish I used USMLE ace videos earlier for revision of FA ( I don’t know if anyone knows about it, it was awesome to me, but I really didn’t get the time to finish all videos)

. Taken NBME 18

. Did amboss.

Good luck.

Looking forward to pass this final year and learn at least something from internship days.

I request you to give me any suggestions ( apart from doing well in CK) to make my CV strong. My target Speciality… Internal medicine. Planning to apply in 2023/ 2024 match session. There is no option for me to look back for my recent commitment. And along with my goal is to do BM transplantation research in USA.

So, plz any honest advice is welcome.