How can i go abroad after i finish MD psychiatry here?

1. How is MD psychiatry? Earning and scope of md psychiatry?
  2. Good colleges for md psychiatry which i can get now for 20k rank ( deemed is fine also)?
  3. How can i go abroad after i finish MD psychiatry here?

One thing I can assure u,5-8 yrs down the lane, psychiatry will be the topmost preferred subject owing to its need and no wonder ppl will opt it like radio derma someday. Today it might seem so low and saturated ,but the need for psychiatrists will only be increasing.

Earning is pretty decent ,like any other clinical branch.not less.

Right now in my state(Tamilnadu), it’s quite saturated in medical colleges,still u can opt corporates,be a visiting consultant at many places,join the gov sector ( gov is planning many schemes for de-addiction, suicide prevention and it needs many psychiatrists)

I don’t have any idea about chances of MD psychiatry at Ur rank.

Sky is the limit if u choose to go abroad after md psychiatry.Australia , Canada and UK has plenty of lucrative job offers for psychiatrists.

Having two psychiatrists at home,I can assure u,go for it if u get, without a second thought…👍

(Provided u have the interest in the subject coz it s all about dealing with the most Delicate human minds)

Ofcourse stigma do exist .Even some people mock derma ppl saying “Itch / STD people”.Can we look down upon derma for it??. it’s the problem in people mindset and not ours. We can’t choose our career for someone else(non medico/illiterates) misinterpreted opinion about the branch. So this should not prevent one from opting psychiatry. There won’t be gratitude and satisfaction coz no one is gonna come back and thank u for treating their schizo. You can’t cure everyone

here.It’s needs immense liking / patience / empathy / understanding of the subject. Again I m telling,if you don’t like psychiatry kindly don’t opt just because you get the seat.

Take Praveen Tripathi / Neeraj Ahuja psychiatry,Read it fully and decide whether u can go for it lifelong…

1 Like