How much does "trust/faith" counts?

How much does “trust/faith” counts??

A patient of mine was started on escitalopram (brand 1) by a friend psychiatrist of mine… Less response…

Same patient came to me, i continued same medicine (brand 2), and he showed response…

Reason:
• Pharmacokinetics ×
• Pharmacodynamics ×
• Bioavailability ×
• Faith √

This patient was refered to me by a student (doctor) himself, who was relative of patient…

The patient trusted that doctor (student), who eventually made him believe that if you go to him (me), you will be fine…

So, its the faith that carries…

(I am very thankful to such students)

In practice and teaching for 5-6 years now… i have realised, how important is faith on doctor…

In childhood, i always went to one specific dentist for tooth extraction, bcoz i felt, she gives less pain (A very common perception)…

My father has faith in one doctor, he has been visiting for 30 years + now…

Similar things, i have noticed in coaching and teaching also…

If i say, this coaching is good, it may not value that much… (Since i am myself a part of it… )

But if your senior, who got a rank (and you trust him) and he says i have faith in (X) coaching, then you also tend to believe…!!! And that is what makes you more confident enough to produce results yourself…

Trust and faith are basic foundations of relations also…
(This topic has too much to discuss and ill avoid here, for time being)… :wink:

Take home : Success of many things depends on faith people have in you and your abilities…