How to cope up with depression in internship?

How to cope up with depression in internship?please don’t laugh at me …I am in serious depression… I had my ortho, ped and gynae postings so far …and I feel it to be absolute boring …even conducting normal delivery is also a mechanical job …and I am feeling like slave of hospital. I have to draw blood, do catheter and insert jelco whereas sisters will sit and instruct me…and I am not getting any time for study due to super hectic schedule…and there is no satisfaction in patient interaction…most of the patients are illiterate and they don’t give you any respect… and mention you as sister even masi…I am feeling depressed. And regretting for choosing this horrible course. Please guide me how to cope up with this and how to study this year nd next year so that I can crack derma or radio…

obviously I need fake account…I can’t post it from original one as lots of pgts nd colluegues are also in this group

Dr Das, sometimes people want to stay anonymous while dealing with mental illness. Let me remind you depression is such a serious mental problem that it’s the major cause of suicide. So don’t mock someone who is in trouble. Just putting Dr. in front your name doesn’t make you a doctor if you can’t understand when someone ask for help

Don’t be so low. Remember internship is the real learning period in practicals for what u have studied in ur whole MBBS.
Post grad wud be a nightmare if u think like this.
Find some intersting case. Discuss with ur juniors. An interactive session. Dont call it robotic. Tailor tha patient.
See the response of the drugs.
Do the procedured as much as u can coz later noone is going to teach you how to put a cathere or a cannula or dressing or stitching.
Best wishes.

Whatever skill we developed as a MBBS doctor, honestly it was during internship

Don’t kill ur lovely internship with hectic pg preparation…it’s a blunder … njoy the crri period… lovely days which u don’t get back…

Your doing ur duty correctly as I know…you dnt even know how much knowledge you are gaining in internship for ur future…internship is like this for every doctors ! No matter what others sees in you, wat u think about urself really matters! BRAVO girl! Go on

If you are really in trouble and feeling really depress, go and cosult a psychiatric doctor, he can help. Whatever you are doing, we have all gone through it. Remember that you are in a learning process and you should not mind learning from anyone, including the sister. You are lucky that you are getting a chance to do all those things you mentioned about. There are doctors who don’t have the chance you get. So learn and earn respect you deserve

Its ok all doctors face same prblm in their internship period dont b depressed just enjoy ur internship period

Chill sabka yahi haal ha. Try to learn things there wht ever u can grasp. Ask q to pg. Try to solve mcq on app while u get some free time here and there. Divide duties with ur batchmates to reduce burden. Internship is imp as we actually get to knw working of hospital and dealing with pt. Try to learn something there every day.

The best way to tackle this is by changing your priorities. See this as a mandatory thorn in a rose u are going to pluck.

The scut work will help u in future. Have a countdowns. Always retreat and enjoy the remaining time whenever u get an off. Help your colleagues if you are free. Don think, “that’s not my work!” . You will feel better, coz they are literates

Hey… you are already doing great work… It looks mechanical in nly first few months…
It looks depressive becoz i can see u r aiming for radio or derma n want some time to study . … I faced same issue n took medication too…
But just after the exam, internship looked beautiful… So this is common,not strange to u…
Relieve stress abt exam, … internship will eventually end and one day will come when u ll indeed miss it too😅…
Talk with friends , read if time permits…
I have passed thru the same stage,and indeed many…u r not alone!!
Just few months and u ll be out of it… all the best

Respect! That’s something people of India have forgotten to provide to doctors! Many are smart enough to judge our treatment! It’s going to be more when u r going to do pg! Just do the job for your satisfaction :blush: Even if they aren’t grateful to you! You are doing it for your happiness!

Take every task including catheterisation, drawing blood, etc etc as a learning process… And tell in one breath “this to shall pass”

I went through the exact same feelings during internship! Remember how we all felt and complained all the time! I even made memes out of my misery! I wish I could go back and tell myself that no matter how bad it feels at the moment, this too shall pass. I feel like since we weren’t able to study much during Internship it isn’t such a bad thing, we enjoyed and kept ourselves sane. Sabke bas ki baat nahi hoti. Glad to know that phase is over and we can study hard now. Fir jo hoga dekha jayega. All we can do is work hard, amirite?

internship is like a bad dream that you have to bear for a year. After that atleast you won’t be the lowest person on the totem pole anymore

think it’s very natural to feel all this coz most of us felt the same way. And all those people who have thoroughly ENJOYED internship…I really pity ya’ll coz either you don’t have a life or your residents allowed ya’ll to operate on patients(which is so funny coz some of em themselves don’t get that luxury). We understand that you want radio/ derma which means you want the best in your life and want to do really well. But I think if it isn’t possible during this phase, doesn’t mean it’s never possible. If internship is stressing you already, I would suggest you let it be, let the year pass and give your full potential next year. Personally, even I hated using my energy doing the rubbish jobs you mentioned. And I have no shame in telling this…I have never been a sincere intern coz that’s not some achievement. Getting a few parties from residents and the praise isn’t going to get you anywhere in life. Jo sincerity dikhani hai…logo ko dikh jayegi once we get into our Pg branches. Also about the patient interaction point…that’s also one point responsible for why we don’t feel like doing much coz we don’t feel connected/ completely liable to anything or anyone. Once you’re a resident, that’ll change too. So chill. Take it slow.

Everyone goes through the same thing… and even I went through the same thing… Its the story of almost every govt college. Just dont care of nurses … Whatever they do they remain nurses they can never be us… Do what u like… hang out with friends and moment will pass… Then with calm mind start preparing…

Enjoy this phase.
Internship is the best period of mbbs life which doesn’t come again and again. Learn and perfect the basics esp in major postings. There were no pg earlier only mbbs were considered perfect doctor. So you are already a doctor now and eligible of treating any patients who come to you. So don’t consider yourself any less or don’t look down on this profession.
Yes it’s a great struggle in the beginning but think about the end. Believe me the satisfaction you will get after looking on the smile of the patient you helped cured and when they thank you for saving their lives… it’s priceless!
After internship you’ll realise you’ve learnt the max during internship through your entire mbbs. Keep your eyes ears and mind open. Best time to get clinical skills. Enjoy. Go with positive attitude. It’ll help

Abhi se depression,bcche apna profession aisa hai you have to be hardest in the room,posting me jo kucch bhi ho usko wahi bhool kr room pe jao,apne.room me ekdum positive environment rkho,agar kucch hobby hai toh use pursue kro,nahi toh koi refreshing movie dekho

Give yourself enough time,bcoz in last you are the only one to help you,kucch bhi …kucch bhi jo tumhe khush kre wo activity kro kucch time do aur phir baith jao apni books ke saath,I think we doctors have very loyal and good frnz that are books

First of all relax for a few days.
Second Think these activities as mcqs as all of the internship work are coming as questions in many exams so do them carefully and remember what all procedures you do and even the sequence of it.
Then remember Internship is a free life where they might shout or show disrespect you but it’s a carefree learning that means make as many mistakes in work but responsibility goes to head of department so what you do because of lack of experience is not your fault
Remember you chose this field to make yourself happy so someone not behaving well is their problem not yours.
Have patience Give it sometime .
You’ll be a consultant one day you can rightfully shout back to such people who show disrespect to young doctors.
You’re lucky you do what only person who knows how to use their brains does .
Majority people do same 9-5 life you come in higher version of human beings

Go an have a shot of Old Monk after ur duty. Then get a Good Sleep. All ur depression will fly away from u…

Facing the same thing…even nurses insult like anything…need to bow down head everytime and there is no time for study