Husband and I cleared the PLAB 2 exam

Husband and I cleared the PLAB 2 exam, a gazillion thanks to Allah, would have been impossible without His help!!
A big thanks to all the members of this group for their reviews and help.

Writing this post as a review to Plab Courses by Dr Swamy (live course), especially for all those who are unable to take proper leaves from work for PLAB 2 academy/unable to get visa on time/unable to travel enough in advance to UK.

We chose Swamy after shortlisting it against aspire. Aspire had multiple online reviews and swamy barely had any social media presence. However, swamy had an option of complete live + online course, something that turned out VERY useful. We applied for the visa early Feb for our exam in April, and were worried about not getting the visa on time to attend an academy. I didn’t have a job but husband did. We looked for reviews online and found just ONE talking about the live Swamy course. It seemed appropriate. Long story short, we decided to take the risk and paid for swamy online course before getting the visa, Just after the first class, I knew I hadn’t taken the wrong decision. Their online classes are live classes (not recorded) connected via webcam and microphone. We had an excellent internet connection so at no time did I feel disconnected. We were allowed to interrupt and ask questions, the audio and video was perfect and if there was any problem, we would leave a message in the live chat box and it would be immediately resolved. In fact I felt extremely comfortable to take the classes at home. Dr Swamy gives you the option to repeat any of the missed classes or the whole course for one whole year, meaning you can take any class you found useful once you reach Manchester or again online. Every day there would be around 50-60 students online, which would be another motivational factor. Two whastapp groups (one for online students, one for both online and live students combined) was made on the very first day. Notes and things not understood properly were continuously shared on the group. Live students were kind enough to share examination videos and pictures of the white board every single time. My husband who used to work would come home during the class’s lunch break and would attend the class following the break (He plans to write his own review). We would get an email with the link everyday and also the notes for each class. In fact, the entire set of notes were sent on the day we registered for the course even before paying the fees, asking us to study them in advance to be of more help before taking the course. Surprisingly we got the visa pretty quickly but I still felt is best to complete the entire course before leaving for UK. Another favorable point was the fact that we had each other to practice with so we could discuss the notes easily. Bottomline is that by the end of the course, we felt sufficiently prepared. The negatives were that some people had very different time zones, there were people attending the course at 3 am their local times, this making it difficult for them. However this wasn’t an issue for us in Pakistan. The course would be 2pm to 12am, taking the entire day but still not as horrible as 3am of course! Secondly, in every class, students would be called in the front for role play and we couldn’t participate which made me feel that we’re missing out an opportunity to practice with Dr swamy. However, later on after seeing the live class I realized that out of some 70-80 students, hardly 10-15 have the confidence to come forward during the entire course and I was sure I wouldn’t have been one of them had I taken the live class :D. thirdly, students at the academy could practice examinations daily or anytime they want, and those looking for partners could easily find them. This is something online students cant really avail, like if they don’t have a partner at home they have to message on the whatsapp group asking for partners.
I hope this clarifies all confusions with regards ti the online course. please feel free to ask questions.
I will write a post about the academy itself and another one about the exam approach after this post! i also have the printed academy notes with our own notes made on them, if anybody from karachi, pakistan needs them, let me know

edit: the course duration is 13 days. 9am to 7pm UK time daily with no day off obviously :stuck_out_tongue: However, there are 3 breaks daily. 11am 15mins coffee break, 1pm 1 hour lunch break, and 4pm 15 mins coffee breaks.
also, as per our research, no other academy offers a complete online course. aspire has a 5 day thing and an intensive 2 day thing, but not the entire course