I am sure many people go through the spine MRI

SPINE MRI:

I am sure many people go through the spine MRI, and then when you read the description and conclusion, almost faint from the writings. I will immediately say that the conclusion of the MRI is not yet a diagnosis. This is just a visual help for your doctor and he/she should watch your picture, comparing it to your complaints and his inspection. The most “scary” words is the diagnosis: Degenerative changes are just age changes in vertebrates and disks.

SPONDYLOARTROSIS- refers to age changes in vertebrates, this degenerative changes occur in the facet joints of the spine, it can also be the cause of pain that increases in movements.

RETROLISTHESIS- This is an uncommon joint dysfunction that occurs when a single vertebra in the back slips backward along or underneath a disc. In some cases, this is accidentally find on an MRI and it should not bother you, in this case, you don’t have to panic and continue to live a normal life, perhaps with some load lifting adjustments. If this is the cause of your complaints, then in this case you should be watched by two neurologist and a neurosurgeon to decide whether you need surgery to stabilize your vertebrae or not.

STENOSIS- This a narrowing of the spaces within your spine, which can put pressure on the nerves that travel through the spine. Spinal stenosis occurs most often in the lower back and the neck. It can be caused by Degenerative changes or hernia or both and may require surgical intervention.

PROTRUSION- is a preherniated condition when some of the inner layers of the fibrous ring has already broken and the disk fabric has shifted in that direction. It can leak asymptomatic, or maybe sick. Intervertebrae hernia is the most common diagnosis. This is when all the layers fibrosis ring broke down and the disk fabric came out.

If you are not concerned about hernia and there are no complaints, the treatments may not be required, only observation and recommendations because unfortunately not always the MRI conclusions are correct.