I didn't match. I did everything I could. I am done

Student: I didn’t match. I did everything I could. I am done. I will not apply again. I am crushed. I just want to stay in a room and keep crying. I want to go back to India. I don’t know why I came here.

Me: You’ve made it this far and I’d say that is one hell of an achievement! Let me repeat, ITS ONE HELL OF AN ACHIEVEMENT!

I was just talking to a friend about how hard most people are on themselves and how we rarely ever give ourselves any credit for holding on and just staying in the game. Now is the time to hold on!

We can be so focused on material success, money, results and making big things happen that sometimes we forget that just hanging in there while we go through the personal storms of our life, is the true definition of success at that moment in time.

If you can still hold onto your dreams, keep the faith and believe in yourself while you walk through hell, then you’re doing a great job in my book!

You’ve got to survive the tough days and the days that break you, because they are the days that make you and on the other side of your darkest night is exactly where your dreams exist!

You’ve made it this far, you’ve survived many storms, setbacks and challenges and you’re still standing?

Just think about that for a minute. You’re still here and even though things might not be perfect… you’ve got staying power and you’ve got what it takes to make it and overcome anything that comes your way!

So don’t be too hard on yourself, no one expects you to be a millionaire, a top selling artist or the worlds best anything just yet… you’re only just getting started and if you can just hold on through the most ferocious of storms then you can do anything when the sun eventually comes back out.

Don’t give up because sometimes just holding onto your dream and keeping your head above water is all that you have to do… And in my case I’m only here doing what I was born to do and believe in the most because I stayed in the game long enough to see it all unfold in my favor and in its own divine way.

So whatever storm you might be facing, take a break from worrying and stressing out and smile… because you’re still standing strong and you’re going to still be standing long after this storm passes!

Never ever let anyone and I mean anyone including your own self tell you that you can’t do something! Never ever give up, no matter what the situation is. You are going to win. You have greatness within you.

Be strong!