I feel you haven’t seen the picture on the other side at all (MTI)

Well, I feel you haven’t seen the picture on the other side at all (MTI)… all the struggles you mentioned about plabbers having to go through is what people who have training elsewhere have undergone too…and I must say only more so with more hectic schedules, no timings and lower resources when compared. Obs/gynae, radio etc seem tough to get into in all countries I must say. You think the MTI candidate didn’t work hard preparing to get a specialty of their choice? People spend years together preparing for exams to get into training courses in my country as well, only for it to unrecognised in UK. In my personal opinion, if only with all the years of experience and hard work, they are only more competent to get into CESR than plabbers. And trust me when I say this as from my personal experience, if I had the insight to move to UK then, I would have definitely taken the plab route over training in my home country, not because plab is better than MTI, but life on the whole would have been much easier and rewarding.