I got my PLAB 2 result two weeks back and i’ve been too excited to sit down and write this review

This is going to be an extremely long post so please bear with me!

I got my PLAB 2 result two weeks back and i’ve been too excited to sit down and write this review​:joy: but i would really like to say that never once did i have a doubt about it, not before the exam,not during and neither after it while i was waiting for the result. I’m usually the extremely anxious,self doubting sort of a person before every exam i’ve ever taken in my life. But for the first time, i was super confident about this one and i wasn’t nervous, And i would like to give the entire credit to the academy i attended! :slightly_smiling_face:
I went through a lot of reviews for different academies and by the time it was my turn to make a choice, i was clear that i had to attend Dr. Hamed’s course!
Here i would like to say thank you to the one person who has helped me since i started working on my visa. I didn’t know him personally but i saw him helping everyone on fb so i decided to bother him too. So if anyone of you need any help regarding the Plab journey, don’t hesitate to contact Soheb Rehman (he never gets irritated, he’s a super patient human being) :slightly_smiling_face:
So lets get back to the academy scenario. While i was working on my visa, i was in contact with the academy people and everything worked out smoothly for me and i attended batch UU. I booked the academy’s accomodation, it was just across the street and was neat and you have everything you need. If anyone needs more details about it, feel free to inbox me.
I was very anxious before the academy started, But Common Stations felt like home! I met so many amazing people and made great friends. I do miss that place terribly!
There are very few people that can have such a huge impact on you and i must say that Dr Hamed is one of those for me. I’ve never seen a teacher put in so much effort and energy. The class hours were long and tiring but Dr Hamed had that unstoppable, never-ending sort of energy. It’s surprising how a person can teach the entire day and continue doing so till 10pm, 11 or even past midnight. For the amount of hard work he puts in, and for the very little sleep he must be getting, it was unbelievable how kind and sweet he always was to everyone and how helpful he was all the time. You could ask him the silliest questions after the class was over and he still would make sure he answers to your understanding and wouldn’t leave without that. I was always awful at history taking but the method he taught us is just brilliant. GMC comes up with new cases every other day but with his technique, you can approach any case just fine. I would really like to thank Dr. Hamed for the immense trust he had in me and i owe my success to him!
Physical examinations have always been something i’ve dreaded during med school. But then i came across Dr. Elmira Yaghmaei in the academy! She teaches all the examinations and she’s such a natural😍 She’s always there to help, and i would bug her so much with the constant watsapp messages regarding the examinations and she always gave such detailed replies and she’s super sweet! (Yes, Dr Hamed and Dr Elmira had given us their contact numbers and they were always just a message away!)
I would like to thank all the mock examiners i had, each one of them was super helpful and kind and gave very good advice and i could focus on the parts i was lacking. Mocks are very important, so take them seriously.
I would also like to thank the entire office staff for always being so cooperative and my entire batch UU, each one of you have been so amazing! :heart:
I would like to emphasise on the importance of Interpersonal skills. These are the four marks for free in each station, you just have to be a kind doctor and listen to your patient! The GMC simulators are good, helpful people if you greet them with a smile! I scored a 3 or a 4/4 in almost each station in the interpersonal skills and its totally doable, you just need to keep practicing! Be your own script. Practice with people from different cultures so you can be more natural and fluent. I practiced with an amazing bunch and i learnt a lot, but i felt like i was lacking, so on the mock examiner’s advice after the first mock, i went through each case again, and then went script less.I found an amazing study partner. Thankyou Dr. Haseeb Ur Rahman for all the practice and the motivation. It wouldnt have been possible without you pushing me and not letting me go for my coffee breaks. I’m so glad we made it! The tiring, long days in the library surely paid off!
If you’re still confused about which academy to go for, just go for Common stations without a doubt. But choose your dates wisely.
Best of luck to everyone who’s yet to take the exam or waiting for the results :slightly_smiling_face: