I got my score today, 6th year IMG

I got my score today, 6th year IMG

UWSA1- 256 (4mo before)

UWSA2-251 (2mo before)

nbme23- 250 (2 weeks before)

free 120-%83 (6 mo before)

UW twice (%60, 87), amboss, RX

pathoma, sketchy, FA, kaplan pharma and biochem (with videos), BRS phisiology and behavioral (sorry I forgot to write all 😕)

I hated anki and BnB, was a total waste of time and money for me.

details:

I quickly read or maybe skim the books. what I mean qucikly is for ex pathoma took 5 days. the whole took 4-5 weeks to finish. kind of a mistake… I wish I read slowly and understand. bc I thought I would read again with UW but I never had time.

then I started UW system wise, it was the point that I got into depression bc the questions were really hard for me. the mistake I made was people keep saying ‘KNOW WORD BY WORD UW, READ CAREFULLY etc’ I think its WRONG…

I have realized I was so slow, bored and it was impossible to know everything, it really made me ‘okay then I quit…’ after finishing and cursing UW so quickly in 1.5 months, I did free120- %83 and nbme 24- 225… it honestly made me happy bc by that time I was feeling like I was doomed and expecting like 150s

first lesson: I wish I did nbme before getting into depression. so that I would have learned I wasnt that bad

then I started bnb, I have wasted a week, extremely boring and I was feeling like learning nothing… I quit

started RX, lesson learned, I wasnt a girl that has patient to read everything. I did in 20 days and just checked the point I got wrong. if I learned one thing from a question, annotated to FA then passed.

started amboss, the same principle, do questions qucikly, dont try to learn everything, you will forget anyway, one thing is learned than pass it. bc I have realized whenever I try to read the whole I was mostly thinking other things and finding myself in youtube

2nd pass UW, the same: I didnt read everything, I have finished in a month or even 25 days. I tried to read important points but not the whole, mostly just the bottom. (7 hours a day, 3 blocks)

my exam got delayed, I lost my attention, I read FA a bit, tried anki, tried to read pathoma again in those 2 weeks. (4-5 hours a day)

3 weeks left I did free120 again the same %83, holy shit, it seems like I learned nothing??? I was stressed… started studying crazy, more than 12 hours, sometimes 17 hours a day. I read FA 3 times carefully and quickly passed whole UW.

all I can tell is I am so bad at stress control, and cant keep my attention long time, thats why I did quick pass on qbanks. dont try to understand every single thing. honestly if you know UW and FA by heart, you would get 265+. there were questions that I felt like ‘oh it was written on FA but dont remember…’ and I checked after exam and I did those wrong. mostly pharma side effects etc

also there were questions that I have no idea and have never seen anywhere, just picked something and passed

the other thing, I have always finished the blocks in 55 to 60 minutes in UW, however in real exam it took 40-45 minutes. the questions were SHORTER and most are easier compared to UW.

overall this is my experience, it might be a bad idea to do quick pass, if you dont feel comfortable, DONT DO IT!

study the way you feel right.

UW was a mood-killer for me, dont let it depress you! for those who are bored easily, hates long explanations, there is still hope! Good luck!