I had a bad skiing accident in April and tore my ACL completely and my MCL grade 2+/3-

I had a bad skiing accident in April and tore my ACL completely and my MCL grade 2+/3-.

Just two weeks after the accident I had the surgery: ACL reconstruction using hamstring graft and MCL surgery. My MCL was completely ruptured in two deeper places from the tibia bone as well as had one tear along the shallower part of the MCL, so the surgeon chose to reattach the two deeper tears with two “anchors” back to the tibia bone and also stitched the shallower tear back together.

It has now been 16 weeks since the op and I can walk pretty normally. However, I cannot do much of anything else. Stairs are tricky, I definitely can’t run or anything even close to running, I cannot kneel, not do squats or sit bottom to heels. I do have a PT who’s helping me with all of this, but I still have some worries:

I can fully extend the knee, but if I raise my leg in the air, extend it and then try to bend it again, the knee locks and I hear a “click” as if something jumps back into place. It’s really uncomfortable.

Also, my thigh muscle (which attaches just next to the MCL) is really dormant and hence I just continue to loose muscle mass.

So - anyone who has had similar surgery done on their MCL who can share their experience? Or anyone with similar post op issues who can share anything?

Thankful for any help here since I’m loosing faith