I had written a post about how I passed PLAB 1 last November

I had written a post about how I passed PLAB 1 last November. And here’s my success story of PLAB 2 :slightly_smiling_face:
Alhamdulillah I passed PLAB 2! I got my results today, and I’m so grateful to the Almighty and a lot of people for their prayers that helped me pass 17 out of 18 stations.
I’ve found a lot of help from doctors here, and I believe it’s my duty to contribute my part.
Before I get into details of my preparation for the exam, I’d like you to know that I have a gap of around 4 years of clinical practice(This might help others in the same situation).

After I passed PLAB 1 in November, I quickly booked for part 2 in March. I did a lot of research before zeroing down on one academy, I gave preference to the dates and venue, and joined Aspire (that’s undoubtedly my best decision). I attended classes during the second week of January. I had exactly 2 months after the classes to prepare for the exam.
I applied for my Visa and decided to travel to the UK ten days before my exam.
So I had to do my initial preparation at home without practicing at the academy.
I was doubtful if I could do it, but I decided to take a chance because I didn’t want to face a Visa rejection by requesting for a longer duration. I decided to keep my visit short.
So I started reading on February 1st, went through the cases once. The classes I attended helped me a lot. I practiced with my friend over the phone whenever possible, my aim was to complete at least one round of practice before going to the UK. (I cannot thank him enough for patiently helping me practice, and being my best critic). I couldn’t finish everything, but I did most of them. I reached Hounslow on the 8th of March. I had hardly a week at the academy, I practiced the mannequin stations in two days and practiced the remaining stations that I hadn’t done earlier, with some of the best study partners I found there:). I attended one mock on the third day of arrival so I knew where I needed to improve. (Yes, I attended only one mock. And I think that’s sufficient)
I also bought Dr Aman Arora 's communication skills audio book and listened to it once, and that was very helpful too.
I relaxed two days before the exam without going to the academy, I just read through the management part. I traveled to Cambridge on the day before the exam, slept really well and appeared for my exam the next day. All I had in mind was all the advice Dr Ankur Garg gave us during the classes. I tried to stay as calm as possible throughout the exam.
The one and a half minute you get outside each station is very important. I read through the task, and quickly thought of the important points that I shouldn’t miss while talking to the patient.
I greeted the examiner and approached the patient with a smile. I made sure not to think of the previous station once I moved on to the next. I did use my well placed rest stations to calm and rehydrate myself:)
Overall,

1. The exam is doable with the right guidance
  2. Time is not an issue if you work really hard
  3. Be as natural as possible, they are looking for a safe doctor
  4. Find a good study partner who can point out your mistakes.
  5. Give importance to interpersonal skills
  6. Get your visa sorted soon after you book your exam.
  7. Pray hard :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d like to thank everyone for all the help and guidance! God bless you all