I have gotten a family medicine training position in the uk to start next year

Hi all. I have gotten a family medicine training position in the uk to start next year, however if i decide to follow through i would most likely lose my PR as i have 3 years and 1 month left before we get to the 5 year mark ( i did landing then went back to my home country). My husband is wondering if its a wise idea and advises instead take a year off and study hard and do qe1 and nac since it seems there is increased intake for IMGs in the last 2 years. Also quality of life is better in canada vs uk. What would u advise? Would very high scores guarantee a spot?

Thanks

my advice is you must take your training position in UK. Getting into training is not an easy thing anywhere ( uk, usa, canada etc) I have moved to canada from Uk , I have friends who are working in uk on locums since many years but still not able to secure a training And what I am seeing in canada… its v v difficult to get into residency n without residency an IMG can’t do any doctor job here.

PR gets renewed, there is total of i think 1 yr in 5 yrs ( double check that ) I have v close ppl who have been doing this for last 10 yrs n finally moved to stay n get the passport. Between uk is a fantastic place to learn more in medicine ,a financial plus too ( nearly double from canada) .

Besy of luck with your decision.