I have no working experience apart from as a student during my Medical school.

I am an IMG (non-EU/non-UK) and I have moved in the U.K before I could start my internship. I passed my MBBS in 2017 & since then, I have no working experience apart from as a student during my Medical school.
I have done my IELTs and PLAB1 exam but, Now the situation is that I am suppose to pass PLAB2 in order to get Provisional Registration (I can only get provisional due to no internship) . The problem is that PLAB2 is an exam which judges candidates’ knowledge & skills based on a Doctor who is starting his/ her career as a FY2 Doctor. What I don’t understand is that why a freshly graduate without any experience (internship) is supposed to pass this exam and compete with doctors who are looking for full registration with gmc.
There are experienced doctors appearing in PLAB2 exam every week who are very good doctors back in their countries, so based on Angoff Method I will be blown out of water when competing with such candidates. I feel that I am naturally disadvantaged due to this exam. Has anyone been in this situation? I am sure there are people in such situation especially ladies who have moved to the UK after marriages without getting house-jobs?

I know with hard work anyone can pass any exam, but my question is about providing equal opportunities to IMGs in medical profession who is seeking training. Being fair and being reasonable. How can GMC get away with this rule that a fresh graduate will be assessed alongside consultants/RMO/SHO and expected to out-perform in PLAB 2 in order to gain ‘provisional registration’. That sounds illogical!

On GMC’s website They write about PLAB2 that it’s an exam which is judging candidates for FY2 start level.

The thing which annoys me is that UK medical graduates automatically get ‘provisional registration’ with their Final year MBBS OSCEs while IMGs (even though they don’t have internship & will only get provisional registration with GMC) are expected to pass an exam which is basically FY2 Level, so why a candidate who is only striving for FY1 entry should be subjected to a monstrous exam!!!

I know most of you here would be already experienced doctors and have come to the UK after your internship or many years of experience under your belt, but I would appreciate if you have something positive to add for me.
I feel that their clause 21b & 21C is putting an ‘IMG who is seeking provisional registration’ at a severe disadvantage against his/ her peers.

Just wanted to get an advice from anyone who have tried their luck with GMC & challenged any of their policy?

I don’t know if I have a case? I feel that I should try, but I need to know if someone has already tried. I don’t want to get GMC’s wrath on me, but I feel pressured.
Can we force GMC to cater for an intermediate exam, let’s call it PLAB1.5 - which would be only for ppl seeking provisional registration?? Similar to final year OSCE

I am attaching screen shots as a proof that Plab 2 is not for fresh graduates. Everywhere it’s written it’s for FY2 level Doctor ( a Doctor who has done FY1). Also in there YouTube official video, they say on 0:34 second “you may have already done these procedures in your country and on real patients many times.”

Blockquote