I injured my right knee July 28th at a wedding just two-stepping

I injured my right knee July 28th at a wedding just two-stepping. It was the end of the evening and I took that step to the right and POP!! DOWN I WENT! I went to the there ER the following day. They did x-rays and found nothing concerning. They discharged me with instructions to follow up with the orthopedic surgeon. Fast forward a week…I see the surgeon, I still can’t bare weight. He thinks it’s a torn meniscus. I go a few days later for my MRI and they find a torn MCL and a completely torn and shot ACL, along with bone fractures/contusions.

Surgeon orders 8 weeks of PT to help strengthen the MCL and surrounding muscles. Week 8 comes…I have already popped the knee again due to directions to remove crutches and brace from PT doctor.

Surgeon refers me to another surgeon. I meet with him and he schedules ACL hamstring graft surgery for October 22nd.

Get out of surgery and he breaks the news to my husband that although the hamstring reconstruction was a success, my MCL has not healed over the 3 months, bone contusions are still there and unfortunately he had to remove my meniscus.

Not what I wanted to hear.

I started post op PT at the 2 week mark.

I’m currently 3 weeks 3 days post op.

I am able to bend almost up to 90 degrees.

I’m unable to walk without my crutches without buckling in pain.
I have zero pain management put into place other than Tylenol. I was given medicine for only 5 days post.

I’m wondering if the severe pain I get when I try to bare weight is due to the non existent meniscus or the MCL?

I’m still unable to do straight leg lifts without excruciating inner pain. It burns and feels like a nail is getting hammered in.

Anyone else out there have a similar experience?