I’m a PE teacher and completely tore my ACL and did some meniscus damage while demonstrating a high squat jump to my students

Ok I don’t want to put this out there but I’m so bummed out. I’m 49 & I used to be the one who motivated my 40ish friends when it came to fitness. I’m a PE teacher and completely tore my ACL and did some meniscus damage while demonstrating a high squat jump to my students.

I’m 15 mo. post (yes, over a year!) and a few days ago I hurt my knee while slightly bending down with a slight torso turn to pick up a pack of gum at the grocery store. My knee HURTS! I’m so bummed I was finally feeling like I could get a good workout in with good knee stability. Hurts on the inside of the knee. Feels like a sharp pain that makes me want to fall down when I put the wrong pressure on it. Standing on one leg, going up and down stairs, bending it to walk sometimes. Feels best to walk straight legged. Doesn’t hurt to bend it unless I have pressure on it. I have a call in to my surgeon praying I didn’t damage my ACL again. 😬 Ladt week was my last phone appt. w my surgeon & my last follow appt. per Worker’s Compensation. I hope I still qualify so I don’t get the run around 😩

Anyone, this sound familiar?