I m very confused on many parts

Hello guys i m new to this group … i m very confused on many parts …let me try to make my query as short as possible … i was graduated from pakistan in april 2017 since then i have been living in USA and been preparing for usmle step 1 …i did not do well in my exam and failed it… now i m looking forward towards UK route… i have been reading that a gap between graduation and internship is a huge negative on your profile and its likely to end in gmc registration being denied … i m thinking to start preparing for ielts and then plabs and then apply for gmc registration … i m planning to either finish my exams in 1 year from now and then start the internship or start the internship as soon as possible and give the exams during my internship… i wanted to know what are chances of getting registered after such a long gap and the only reason of the gap was usmle exam preparation … giving that i don’t think i can do good in usmle and uk is the only route i can think of to persue my career of medicine … also i have read that getting fy1 in uk is very hard for imgtoo so applying without internship might be the waste of time… pls guide me what should i do… thanks in advance …