I’m very happy that I matched into OB/GYN

Thank you guys everyone for your kind words.
I’m very happy that I matched into OB/GYN :raised_hands::raised_hands::star_struck::star_struck:dreams do come true, pursue them!!

For those who are asking me how I got my research position? I’ll go step by step:
First I applied to Cedars Sinai to start volunteering (hospital volunteering is only 4 hrs a week, at least one year commitment, and anyone who is legal in the US can do it), my volunteering was in the ER, I had to greet patients, take them to their room, bring them blankets and make sure if they needed anything.
I knew this was my was to work my way up into the hospital, make connections, and get access to their library.
I then got 24 hrs access to their library, I used to study there all the time. Literally day and night.
In the library, I would also meet staff, talk to residents, attendings, try to meet people and also UCLA/ USC students rotating at cedars studying for their steps.
I then met a doctor who offered me a summer intern position in heart transplant, and I worked with them and published during the summer of 2018.
While working there I continued going to the library and I met my current PI (reconstructive surgeon). He liked my ideas, my motivation and passions, he trough that I would be a helpful assistant for this research. He spoke with the chief of the department and Human Resources, then opened a new position just for me. They literally made it just for me so I could work with him.
I finished my research on heart transplant on September 2018, took my step 1 exam October 18 2018, and one day after my step 1 I started working in the reconstructive & transgender surgery department.
I continued working there while taking my CS (May ), and my CK August 30.
I then applied for the match September 18, went trough my 11 interviews. (My first one even offered me a pre match position, that was very encouraging, but I declined it because I wanted to go for the actual match.
Meanwhile I continued working, publishing, I gained the trust of my department so they would let me see his patients and scrub in) and also a lot of my research was clinical and surgical. Specially in breast, and pelvic reconstruction and transgender surgery.
And here I am, MATCHED into my dream speciality :star_struck:
#OBGYN here I come!

Good luck everyone, it’s possible!
I’ll farther publish more about my journey

Sebastian Arruarana, MD
Ig: doctor.sebas
Follow me if you want to see tips for the interviews, steps, and how to match being an IMG