I read many posts on FB today regarding those who couldn’t clear this PLAB-2 attempt

I read many posts on FB today regarding those who couldn’t clear this PLAB-2 attempt! I am sorry to hear this. But what has happened is now in the past. U cannot change it. Focus on what u can change. Take some time off n then come back.

In regards to ur mistakes,

• if you are marked in consultation it means you were not listening to the patient and was going too fast in that station.
  • if marked in diagnosis, probably u got that wrong. I made two diagnoses wrong, it doesn’t really matter. so relax.
  • if marked in Mx it means you didn’t addressed the concerns of the patient.

Things u can do now:

• Read notes twice.

• Listen to the patient he will guide you.

• Practice three types of faces in front of mirror
    (masked>emotionless, Concerned face and gentle smile)

• Use your eyebrows, forehead wrinkles to copy their emotions.

• Practice two types of postures ( Lean in front and straight back)

• Don’t focus on this attempt and improve Urslf. Don’t pay heed to marking of stations.You won’t understand how they mark.

• Be patient and take deep breath thrice before entering cubicle.

• Read scenario carefully. prepare as follows outside.
    (30 sec for Hx layout, 30 sec Differential layout, 30 sec Management layout)

-When enter , do handshake and gentle smile unless it’s Bad news breaking etc.

• Focus on main expression of the station and address that. For instance, In needle stick station, patient is scared so counsel that again and again.

-Use documented phrases like (I can understand,I can feel) once in 30 seconds. Not repeatedly.

• Focus more on the logic of the answer not only expression. For example, if the patient came with Musculoskeletal pain and ask is it heart attack. Answer as “ I can understand ur concern, from the hx and Ex it doesn’t seem lyk that. But we will do necessary investigation, ecgs, blood test to make sure everything is fine”.

• in management don’t blabber everything u know, just stay silent, let patient ask the question and then answer it logically and calm the patient.

• Complete Hx in 4.5 minutes maximum.

• Practice with different people ( Male, Female). Try to hear emotions in different accents.

I hope this post will help you guys.
Any question, leave a comment.