I recently posted in the group regarding input on accepting job offers and though I haven’t accepted any offer yet

Hello everyone, I recently posted in the group regarding input on accepting job offers and though I haven’t accepted any offer yet, I’ve gotten quite a few requests in my inbox asking help on how to improve the job profile & secure interviews. I may not be able to reply to everyone personally hence I’m going to write a few things here.

Firstly, and most importantly, the key is to make a presentable NHS jobs profile. Everyone applies blindly to hundreds of jobs and get no call backs… the trusts get so many applications and the way to get yours through is to cater to the jobs you’re applying to instead of having an average template used everywhere. Make sure to highlight positives in your supporting information. This includes time management, leadership skills, core values that many trusts proclaim but YOU yourself as a doctor have been practising for years. We’ve all given IELTS exams so we can write a few decent paragraphs trying to explain our credentials and positive traits.

Secondly, cater to the job you’re applying for. Change a few lines in each supportive info/personal statement to make it fit for the job you’re applying

Thirdly, make sure you describe each job you’ve done in detail, paragraphs/ bullet points. Don’t omit the job description. It is important.

I cannot stress how important it is to have a decent & neat profile. For those who feel they lack experience, if you can afford to do so, by all means do courses to gain CPD points.

I only have a total 2 year post graduate experience. I haven’t done any international courses however I did do a two month clinical attachment in the UK.

I’ve applied to about 120-130 jobs since I got my GMC registration and have secured about a dozen or so interviews. My CV isn’t exceptional. A lot of you do have brilliant CVs. Just make a habit of trying to sell yourself really well.

There are tonnes of jobs in the NHS. There isn’t a saturation. DO NOT lose hope. Keep applying wisely and smartly. Keep investing time on your application. You will get call backs. Stay patient and keep up the hard work!

Good luck to all.