I ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)

I ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), strained my medial collateral ligament (MCL), and damaged my medial meniscus.

To avoid surgery I developed a simple program for strengthening & stabilising the knees and relieving pain.

Stabilisation and strengthening of the knee joint complex can be achieved by co-activating (simultaneously tensing) the antagonistic (opposing) muscle groups around the knee joint complex

I’ve signed up Simon , thankyou. I lost my right knee cap in a motorcycle accident in 1985. After rehab etc I continued with intense sports since but at this age want to avoid further surgeries etc. by being proactive … The knee cap is integral to the joint. Anything else I should include / avoid in your program ?

I hurt my left knee during exercising and was diagnosed almost a year later with chondromalasia. I have been walking on and off as running or even mild jogging is out of my life for a couple of years. Even during the walk sometimes my knee gets stiff and hurts. Can this be resolved ?