I see A LOT of posts about people scoring 250s or 240s but nothing about 220s and 230s

I see A LOT of posts about people scoring 250s or 240s but nothing about 220s and 230s.

I got my result this wednesday and NO I’m not a 240/250 plus so if you’re not interested in my experience you don’t have to continue reading Lol.

I think people who score anything under a 240 are somewhat ashamed or feel inadequate so fail to share their experiences but I want to share mine because before I took the exam I would see these posts and die a little inside cz I couldnt relate with them lol.

I started this journey a long time ago and for alot of reasons ( health issues/family issues/devestating NBMEs) I could not gather the strength to book a triad and actually go and sit for the exam.

THIS exam is a combination of your NERVES + KNOWLEDGE + CONSISTENCY + HARDWORK. If you fail in either of these components you will not be able to take this exam and perform well.

I fall in the 230s catergory, at first I was a little annoyed because my exam went awfully well. It was NOT as scary as they say. I knew 75-80% in the first go and then I’d do the marked ones. The wtf questions were expected and I did not fret over them much. But long story short I’m extremely happy with my result Alhamdullilah because thats where I stood on my nbmes plus minus 5-10 points.

If you are in the same shoes as me here are the materials I studied

Kaplans (videos only for neuroanat, biochem, physio, immuno and christian dauthery lectures for biostats)

UFA (pathoma I did once with videos years ago only reffered to it in the final months cz FA 2019 is pretty elaborate)

Sketchy micro

BnB for selected topics ( CANNOT stress over how important these were, I wish I had discovered them early on in my prep but if you have tie please do them ALL)

Anatomy shelf notes

Anatomy cross sections from google and mri crossections of the ENTIRE BODY. (yes muscle labellings are asked)

ALL NBMEs and UWSA 1 & 2 (except 22 and 24)

Question attemption was the key for me. I had seen roughly 6000 Qs or more before the exam and this was So SO important.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Not everyone is a 240+ and that’s okay. We all have different strengths and weaknesses and I have no shame in admitting that I’m a nervous wreck Lol.

Goodluck to us all. Those who make it or they don’t we are all survivors that’s for sure.

God be with you all.