I should share some points that I've realized so far after having the so-called first-hand experience

It’s been a little more than a month in the NHS for me and I thought I should share some points that I’ve realized so far after having the so-called first-hand experience. I work in the A&E as a non-trainee SHO. So, here they are

Pros:

1. Better lifestyle
  2. A day off, before & after night shifts
  3. Single shifts are never more than 12 hrs
  4. For non-trainees specially starters: Very supportive & friendly environment
  5. Consultants support their trainees really well & are extremely motivating
  6. Much better training in terms of learning opportunities (once in)
  7. Becoming FRCP/FRCS after training- huge achievement
  8. Courses like ALS/PLAS and lots of other during training that are recognized almost everywhere in the world
  9. Remarkably impressive CV / portfolio at the end of training in comparison to training back home
  10. Opportunities to move almost everywhere else in the world after training
  11. Very good travel experience (If you like traveling)
  12. And obviously, much better pay - You can save a good part of it as well
  13. A&E: Senior support 24/7, Consultants (07:00 to 23:00), 1/2 Senior Reg (23:00 to 07:00)
  14. Team-work: Everyone works as a team, from porters to para-medics to nurses to junior doctors and consultants as well. In A&E I didn’t find anyone being proud or rude about their seniority or their level experience. This is one thing that I love about my job the most.

Cons:

1. BEING AWAY FROM FAMILY
  2. Longer training duration
  3. Staying extremely cautious all the time about every single thing regarding ANY patient. - Puts a stress at the back of your mind
  4. A big chunk of tax on your salary

I know a lot of people might agree or disagree and also Its a bit more general point of view rather being a one-month experience. I might find more things to add or something to take off the list from either of the sections but at this point of time, I think It was a very good decision Alhamdulillah, to take PLAB and move to the UK.