I spent alot of time reading other's experiences

Hi guys !! this is a long due post. I took the exam on march 11. before the new nbmes got added, so i cant give any inputs on that.

I spent alot of time reading other’s experiences and i think it helped me formulate my strategies.so here is mine, hoping it would be useful to atleast few.

this post is mainly to reassure that there are people who score 230s-240s. and i honestly think its okay to be below 240. i mean it screwed with my mind when i saw so many people posting 260s. im sure they worked hard and they deserve it but <240 is just FINE!!!

If you are going for a competitive field / not there are alot of ways to make it up and i think thats the beauty of this whole process… it breaks you to make you …

study period: 6months (5months dedicated)
my assessments are all over the place so not a good example.

1st two months : kaplan(all subjects) +pathoma

3rd month : FA (twice: once with Rx videos cuz i am not a book person. i tend to dream alot if i sit with the book, so audio or video helps) if you are like that too… Rx might be right for you. sketchy for micro and pharm.

NBME 16 : 228 (crazy : this was before uworld :joy:) THIS IS WHY I THINK FA IS V.v.v.v. IMP !! I cant stress this enough.

4th and 5th month : Uworld
NBME 17: 244 (my target was 240, so i got too happy and i didnt do justice to the last month of prep at all !)

I wanted to do Uworld the second time in the last month but i rushed it because i thought i should focus on nbmes. but i ended up doing little bit of both. (not a good idea) [ I would say do Uworld the second time fully and then do all nbmes (offline and try to find explanations) ]

2weeks before the exam : UWSA 1 -254
1week before the exam : NBME 19 - 223 (this scared the shit out of me)
2days before the exam : UWSA 2- 254

REAL DEAL : 237 .

Wishing you all , the very best ! try not to stress. it is a long journey and definitely nerve wrecking. hang in there. IT WILL BE WORTH IT ,IN THE END.