I want people to know that what kind of problems we, the health care providers are facing these days

First thing I did while posting this picture was changing my privacy settings from friends to public, just because I want people to know that what kind of problems we, the health care providers are facing these days.

I am working in Emergency Department of only Government Hospital of Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir. We are dealing every suspected and confirmed case of Corona, Swine flu, Dengue, this and that. We are dealing with the concerns of the people who are afraid of this pandemic. We are dealing with sick, we are dealing with emotional breakdowns, we are dealing with worried mothers and panicked fathers.

With all this, we are human too. We have families sitting back and feeling afraid for us. Trust me I am as important to my mother as anyone of you is and I am as must for my daughter as anyone of you is.

You can see my facemask. I have been wearing this mask for the last 3 days because I cannot find the new one, although this is for single use only. I am wearing this pair of gloves and it is torn now but I have this only pair, I cannot afford to change it. This scrub is 2 days old too but I am supposed to wear it because I cannot find another one. This is the total safety I am getting. I am not complaining, I am not blaming government , I am not criticising my Prime Minister, I am not demanding anything, not even personal protection equipment for me.

Today, I saw two corona suspects with the same safety precautions and when I get back home, I read a post saying, “Lanat on doctors”! Can you feel me? Can you understand my emotions? Can you understand I am a human before being a doctor?

I don’t want a medal. I don’t desire to be called a superhero. I don’t need credits. I just want to say that kindly be kind to us. Be kind to doctors as they risk their lives for you. And yes kindly cooperate with us. We are staying in hospitals for you, Kindly stay in homes for us!

Courtesy: Dr Alina Ambarzal