I wanted to know if IMGs generally move to the UK right after the GMC registratio

Hello. I wanted to know if IMGs generally move to the UK right after the GMC registration, or wait until they secure the first job and Tier 2 VISA. I really appreciate your input if you are familiar with anything about it.

I am thinking of applying for the speciality training next year (for which application starts in November 2021). In the meantime, I work in my home country + maybe apply for a short-term non-training job if there is anything available in England.

I am a Japanese passport holder, and I can stay in the UK for up to 6 months without any VISA (but once the 6 months is over, I cannot re-enter for another 6 months). An alternative option is Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) since I’ve won the ballot for it. It allows me to stay in the UK for up to 2 years (it would be just about one year and a half in my case because I’m entering the UK in November) and I can work as a doctor.

I’ve seen many people complaining here that it is very difficult to find a job in the UK. So I thought that maybe Tier 5 is the safer option while looking for a non-training/training job but it is relatively expensive (particularly the NHS fee!), and if possible, I’d skip that.

(Whichever option I may take, I need to go back to Japan to apply for Tier 2 so both are inconvenient in that regard.)

Is it easier to find an NHS job if you already have the right to work in the UK (ie hold the working VISA) and/or are located in the UK? Does the short-term non-training job offer a Tier 2 VISA for IMGs? If you are already a doctor working in the NHS, how many months after GMC registration you moved to the UK? What happens if your first VISA (something other than Tier2) expires while already working in the hospital?

Many thanks for your help!