I was encouraged to write this by my friends so here it goes

I was encouraged to write this by my friends so here it goes.

I failed PLAB 1 twice and finally passed the exam in June. To say that I am ecstatic is barely scratching the surface. I’ve been down ever since I started this journey and every time I thought “this is it”, life had harsh lessons planned. I won’t bore you with the details but I will just give a guide to what I did so it may help someone.

So in my first attempt, in March 2019, I was short of 1 mark. I relied on Plabable, and honestly I didn’t put in that much of an effort. I kept hearing PLAB wasn’t that hard and by going through Plabable, I should be able to clear it without hesitation. I was wrong and I paid the price. I didn’t feel defeated though. I got myself together and thought “if it was just 1 mark, that means I’m almost there”. With this as a thought I started preparation for my second attempt in November. So I started a little late as I had “already done” a lot of the material before. I waited 3 months until the exam and subscribed to Plabable again. This time, I ate, drank and slept with Plabable. I was so familiar with the questions, I didn’t even need to read it through to know it. No, I didn’t memorize just the questions, I remembered the explanations as well. I went through each question at least 3 times and got 90% or more in most of the mocks. I attempted other mocks such as Swamy and Samson but found them a bit strange at times so I didn’t bother. At this point, PLAB was Plabable for me but that was ok because everyone said the same thing, do it enough times and I’ll be good to go. Plab 1 keys was getting famous around this time and I thought “why not? It couldn’t hurt’’. I used it for the major subjects before the exam and it did help a bit, but by this time I knew Plabable in and out so I could breeze through Keys. Results came out and this time I failed by 3 marks. Yes, the exam was harder than I expected but I wasn’t supposed to fail this time. Man, life is just not fair. I was cursing everything and everyone. I felt dejected and useless. BUT all I see on Facebook groups are “I did Plabable 3 times and passed” “I did nothing and passed” “I didn’t even know what exam I wrote but I passed”. I might be exaggerating a bit lol but you get the general idea. I knew I wasn’t stupid but how can I come so close and fail twice? What was wrong with me? How was I supposed to face my friends and family when everyone always asks about the results or my progress? I just couldn’t handle it anymore. I was strong after my first attempt but I felt like someone kicked me in the stomach, dropped me to the ground and stood on my head after the second.

I didn’t give up though, I couldn’t, it just wasn’t an option. Life had to move on and it had to take me along. So after consulting with some friends who were preparing for the June exam, I decided to sign up for that, but this time I had 6 months to go. I was not going to leave any stone unturned. This was going to be my last attempt at PLAB, if I make it then I make it and if I don’t, I’ll have to make changes to my life. I bought a six month subscription to Medrevisions and Plabverse. I started doing a section from Plabverse and then the same thing on Medrevisions. Since Plabverse resembled Plabable notes a lot, I was quite familiar with it and it was actually a better way to study. Medrevisions opened my eyes a lot to be honest. I have never seen some of those questions before. Adding these to my preparation added a lot of knowledge that I lacked before. I finished both of these in about 2 months taking it slow and reviewed Plabverse once again and looked over the bookmarked/wrong questions from Medrevisions in the next month. I added the oxford books in the review month to grasp a deeper understanding of each topic I wasn’t clear about. I made sure to write those points down so I can revise them later. As I kept the process going, I realised how stupid I was to rely on a single source, no matter how thorough, for such an important exam. The knowledge from Plabable might get some people over the hump, but I and many others I know do not belong on that list. Me and my friends bought Plabable as a group and started doing questions from that as well just to make sure. I also went ahead and purchased Plab 1 Keys for the last 3 months and started revising each section along with Plabable. This only took me about one and a half months as the content was similar and really easy to grasp at this point. I focused on getting as many mocks done as possible. Since Medrevisions had about 23 mocks and Plabable around 12, I did 2 Medrevisions mocks a day on alternate days and 1 Plabable mock on the days in between. On the days I did a Plabable mock, I had the rest of the day free so I went over the wrong questions from the previous mocks and Plab Keys again. In the last month or so, just to keep things relevant, I tried to do Dr. Khalid’s 1700 questions whenever possible. I didn’t put a limit to it but I usually ended up doing around 20-50 questions a day as they are very small and easy to understand and move on. Like I said, no stone unturned lol. Now that I’m writing about it, it seems like a lot of material and work but since I took it slowly, it didn’t seem like it was too much. When all was said and done I had about 2 weeks left for the exam, and I just reviewed everything and anything I could get my hands on! In the end Plabverse ended up being 30 pounds while Plab 1 keys was 25. Medrevisions cost somewhere around 43 dollars but I got back 30 because of the referral program. Since we bought Plabable as a group this time, it only cost 4 pounds. We talked about questions and the answers but more importantly, we went into details on why the rest of the answers were wrong. So for all this I spent around 70 pounds but I know there are PDFs circulating so you can technically get some of them for free but they are not updated. Like I said, I wasn’t taking a chance. I only mentioned the price because I wanted to tell you, it’s always better spending a little more and getting it done the first time instead of doing it multiple times like me but then again you might understand things better than me and not need all of this. When I failed the exam, I left all Facebook groups because I was depressed. I joined again closer to my third attempt only to clear the final doubts. I honestly didn’t care about keeping up with “PLAB news” or anyone’s story. So I encourage you to ask questions here, as much as possible, people will help you. I’d like to thank everyone who helped me.

Anyways, the results came a few days ago and I just cried for some time and screamed into a pillow. I haven’t felt this good in a long time. I had so many different scenarios playing out in my head. I was going to post so many different things at different times as I passed this exam but I kept failing. When I finally passed, I honestly didn’t want to post anything. My friends kept pushing me to tell my story so it could help someone like me. I hope this helped everyone in some way. I tried to explain my study plan and methods in a very short form. This one is especially for the ones that are struggling like I did. It’s possible. More importantly, I went through a very dark phase of my life. I felt I wasn’t good enough to do the only thing I was meant to do. So if you also feel that way, please DM me. Maybe we can talk and hopefully I can console in some form of way. Thanks for reading my story.

I know a lot of accounts claim to have these stories that are lies. I know because I’ve been a part of this community for a long time. A lot of people spread false rumours for the wrong reasons. I’m not associated with anyone or any company. I’m just trying to pass on my knowledge to others. I have attached proof of my failures and of course my sweet sweet success.